Sunday, October 10, 2010

Welcome!

Salut, and welcome to my first actual blog!

Out of the many things to talk about or share with world, I thought it should be about one of my creations, The Majestic Mustache.
It happens to be a story I began writing for fun if not an inside joke about an avatar I made on Gaia (www.gaiaonline.com  for those who have never heard of it.) From there, it turned out to be a success with many of my friends, family, people who live in their parent's basement--yeah, you get the idea, haha. So, I thought, "Hey, would it not be neat to share this with more people?" I mean, what is there to lose? We all get a little shy about sharing our talents, but you have to start somewhere. Moving on, this story happens to be about a young boy who desires to be the best barber in the world like the local barber of their town. But with this comes the challenges of his greatest fears: the outside world. An adventure/comedy that I believe all ages would enjoy. Anyway, I intend on bringing more of my work on the site ('cause I gots a-LOT) if things go fairly well.

Thanks and enjoy!!





Chapter 1: The Story of The Mustache

Once upon a time, in a small delicate village lived a young, awkward lad with hair as red as a blood orange and eyes as clear as the Caribbean. His green suspenders buttoned over his white shirt. His small hands worked to put on the little white socks Papa had given him for his birthday.
Finally completing that adventure, he ventured his eyes to the shiny black shoes by the door in his room....oh dear, how he hated trying to put them on only to deal with the frustrations of tying the tiny string--for goodness sakes, he was only five! 

"Maman!"
 

He summoned his mother from the kitchen. Wearing her apron, she came to the door, her beautiful features very similar to the boy.

"Petit Shensé, what is it dear?"

He whined while poking out his bottom lip, " ....the shooooeeesss!" and pointed in their direction. She only sighed and went to grab them.

"Petit Shensé, this fear of the--"

"Nuu, I no’ scared….just…”, he huffs angrily as his body does the same.

“I understand little one” she giggles a little. “Come along. I have just finished breakfast.”

After breakfast, Shensé followed along with his father to the heart of the village to watch Papa buy provisions and go to the local barber, for Papa’s mustache needed trimming and “tickle bugs” cut. Shensé called them that because they were dark and tickled his cheek when Papa kissed him goodnight. So, in they went. As usual, Shensé sat upon the stool facing the barber and Papa to watch. The barber patted Shensé on the head as he hung Papa’s coat on the coat hanger. Excitement glistened in his eyes as the white cloak draped around Papa’s neck. Then began the magic of the cut. How the barber managed to get every hair clean off and leave Papa’s mustache untouched amazed Shensé. Papa always told him stories of great heroes with grand mustaches—blonde, noir, brown—like Papa’s—and even red! But has there been yet an adventurer with a mustache as majestic, he said.
 

So with that said, Shensé fantasized of having a perfect mustache of his own. He even pretended to have one with Papa.
 “I will grow one just as big as yours, Papa!”

But as the seasons went by and “Petit Shensé” was growing…his mustache was not. He began to believe that he did not have one. It was a sad day for Shensé and the aging Papa and Maman.
 
Summer dragged along, and it was Shensé’s 15th birthday. As a gift, Papa and Maman put together their earnings to buy the barber shop for Shensé to own. At first, he was saddened by the matter of not having a mustache to advertise, but Papa assured him that he would do just as good a service to provide grandeur grooming for mustaches all over the world.
 

With this…began a great adventure for Petit Shensé…..

No comments:

Post a Comment