Anyhozzle, hear's another spectacular chapter!! Enjoy!!
Chapter 4: “Nothing of Barber Thomas is Worthless!”
Shensé screamed and went to run out the door, although he managed to forget to open it. So with that, his face ran smack dab into the door, where he collapsed backwards and held his nose.
"Ahhh! My nose!" he moaned.
A menacing laughter filled the small space around him. It echoed back and forth, diagonal then flat. Becoming stiff, however still holding his nose, his wide, crystal blue eyes followed the laughter. After a moment of silence, he heard the voice again:
"You do feel me...be aware of my existence, young barber."
"Bloody hell, boy! What is happening here?"
Ganadella had slammed the door open, eyes full of urgency and irritation. Shensé cried in pain...his foot was right in the path of the door. It did not faze her however.
"Answer me!"
"But wouldn't you like to know if my foot is still attached to my ankle??" He growled sarcastically.
"Serves you right!" she snapped. "Yelling and what not! You have yet to answer my question--"
" PERHAPS, I don't know!"
"But look at you!" she pointed with one hand, as she rested the other on her hip. Shensé carefully sat up to a sitting position.
"You are on the ground!"
"Yes, yes I am. But speaking hypothetically--"
"I do not want a 'what if' --"
"--could it be that the pain and utter shock of the events may have caused a temporary amnesia?"
With a momentary scowl, she spat an irritated grunt and tossed her hand to Shensé, leaving him sitting as she turned around with a "Worthless!"
Mentally delayed, Shensé helped himself up dusting his pants and apron. With a sigh he rested his hands upon the frame of the door. It began to seem that maybe things he did were worthless. It was true that he had no mustache. If anything, he might be possessed by some angry spirit within the shop. He quietly gasped and made a quarter turn backwards.
"...this shop is old..." he thought.
"And look! The boy is standing... with both feet attached!"
Shense glared and lightly limped out of the small room. Her arms were crossed...mouth a line. He limped to the front desk as she eyed him disapprovingly.
"...why are you so mean?"
Hushed laughter left her lips as she finally uncrossed her arms and walked toward the barber station. With a soft tone she answered.
"...I only give you what you let me...” but sharp did she return, "... boy!"
No response.
"Did you not hear what I said?"
Shensé sighed and continued to write something at the desk...not even glancing at her.
"Oh, how mature of you. Ignoring me, arrre yeh?"
Shensé snapped his head to her and stared hard. Suspicion written in his squinted eyes.
"...say that...again, please."
"Psh. You have got another thing coming if you think I am going to listen to an easy like you."
"You...rolled your...'r'. And then you said 'yeh' instead of--"
"A little gabit, you are!"
His mouth slightly opened as he made a face.
"...H'what?"
"Nothing an idiot would know...accept the name--so forget it!"
"Gabit?"
"End it! Thought you were ignoring me and all."
Shensé paused before releasing a frustrated growl and tossing the pen to the side, angrily. Ganadella only giggled mockingly, holding a pair of tiny golden scissors. They belonged to the barber who used to own the shop before Shensé. It was rumored that his magic remained within those very scissors.
"Rusty things!" she muttered before tossing them into the trash. She walked away before hearing an immediate fumbling behind her.
"What the..."
She turned around slowly to see the slow swivel of the trash bin. With a shrug she turned back around to face the ever red-faced Shensé. He had the scissors pinched between his fingers.
"Hn. The fastest I have seen you move--"
"These are delicate mementos, Ganadella."
"Ah, you finally called me by my name...boy."
He pulsed, squeezing his free hand into a fist.
"You can't just--"
"I just did, did I not?"
"You didn't even--"
"I already knew what you were going to say. And to add..." she moved past him,” those things are worthless."
He echoed her, "Worthless?"
"You heard me, boy! Worthless just like you!"
Before he could stop himself or even think about it...he swung her around and slapped her across the face. A shocked, small cry left her, hair covered face. Her hand went to touch her jaw.
"I am sure you are familiar with this word 'worthless', Ganadella..." a tremble lay under his tone.
" Nothing of Barber Thomas is worthless! Do you understand??"
Shensé, furious, briskly returned the scissors to their 'sacred' drawer.
"...heh...you hit like a little girl."
With a toss, her hair fell from behind her ears. She seemed to change then...her eyes a tad more fierce.
"So...you can be angered...there is hope for you."
"I can be hurt...."
"I do not care about that!” she yelled, "I care about what dwells within you! So ignorant you are...naive!"
Shensé stared blankly at Ganadella with glossed eyes. The bangs of her hair covered her left eye and face, but her gaze was piercing.
"I didn't ask for this..."
With those last words, he turned into the restroom and locked the door. As soon as he was out of sight, Ganadella ran to the mirror at the barber station and slowly moved the bang behind her ear. Her cheek was an irritated red. The small vesicles were visibly purple and cracked around her cheek. She winced at the burning pain as her fingered lightly brushed against it.
"...eh...what a brute..." She paused and watched the veins spread further down her neck.
"Ahhh! My nose!" he moaned.
A menacing laughter filled the small space around him. It echoed back and forth, diagonal then flat. Becoming stiff, however still holding his nose, his wide, crystal blue eyes followed the laughter. After a moment of silence, he heard the voice again:
"You do feel me...be aware of my existence, young barber."
"Bloody hell, boy! What is happening here?"
Ganadella had slammed the door open, eyes full of urgency and irritation. Shensé cried in pain...his foot was right in the path of the door. It did not faze her however.
"Answer me!"
"But wouldn't you like to know if my foot is still attached to my ankle??" He growled sarcastically.
"Serves you right!" she snapped. "Yelling and what not! You have yet to answer my question--"
" PERHAPS, I don't know!"
"But look at you!" she pointed with one hand, as she rested the other on her hip. Shensé carefully sat up to a sitting position.
"You are on the ground!"
"Yes, yes I am. But speaking hypothetically--"
"I do not want a 'what if' --"
"--could it be that the pain and utter shock of the events may have caused a temporary amnesia?"
With a momentary scowl, she spat an irritated grunt and tossed her hand to Shensé, leaving him sitting as she turned around with a "Worthless!"
Mentally delayed, Shensé helped himself up dusting his pants and apron. With a sigh he rested his hands upon the frame of the door. It began to seem that maybe things he did were worthless. It was true that he had no mustache. If anything, he might be possessed by some angry spirit within the shop. He quietly gasped and made a quarter turn backwards.
"...this shop is old..." he thought.
"And look! The boy is standing... with both feet attached!"
Shense glared and lightly limped out of the small room. Her arms were crossed...mouth a line. He limped to the front desk as she eyed him disapprovingly.
"...why are you so mean?"
Hushed laughter left her lips as she finally uncrossed her arms and walked toward the barber station. With a soft tone she answered.
"...I only give you what you let me...” but sharp did she return, "... boy!"
No response.
"Did you not hear what I said?"
Shensé sighed and continued to write something at the desk...not even glancing at her.
"Oh, how mature of you. Ignoring me, arrre yeh?"
Shensé snapped his head to her and stared hard. Suspicion written in his squinted eyes.
"...say that...again, please."
"Psh. You have got another thing coming if you think I am going to listen to an easy like you."
"You...rolled your...'r'. And then you said 'yeh' instead of--"
"A little gabit, you are!"
His mouth slightly opened as he made a face.
"...H'what?"
"Nothing an idiot would know...accept the name--so forget it!"
"Gabit?"
"End it! Thought you were ignoring me and all."
Shensé paused before releasing a frustrated growl and tossing the pen to the side, angrily. Ganadella only giggled mockingly, holding a pair of tiny golden scissors. They belonged to the barber who used to own the shop before Shensé. It was rumored that his magic remained within those very scissors.
"Rusty things!" she muttered before tossing them into the trash. She walked away before hearing an immediate fumbling behind her.
"What the..."
She turned around slowly to see the slow swivel of the trash bin. With a shrug she turned back around to face the ever red-faced Shensé. He had the scissors pinched between his fingers.
"Hn. The fastest I have seen you move--"
"These are delicate mementos, Ganadella."
"Ah, you finally called me by my name...boy."
He pulsed, squeezing his free hand into a fist.
"You can't just--"
"I just did, did I not?"
"You didn't even--"
"I already knew what you were going to say. And to add..." she moved past him,” those things are worthless."
He echoed her, "Worthless?"
"You heard me, boy! Worthless just like you!"
Before he could stop himself or even think about it...he swung her around and slapped her across the face. A shocked, small cry left her, hair covered face. Her hand went to touch her jaw.
"I am sure you are familiar with this word 'worthless', Ganadella..." a tremble lay under his tone.
" Nothing of Barber Thomas is worthless! Do you understand??"
Shensé, furious, briskly returned the scissors to their 'sacred' drawer.
"...heh...you hit like a little girl."
With a toss, her hair fell from behind her ears. She seemed to change then...her eyes a tad more fierce.
"So...you can be angered...there is hope for you."
"I can be hurt...."
"I do not care about that!” she yelled, "I care about what dwells within you! So ignorant you are...naive!"
Shensé stared blankly at Ganadella with glossed eyes. The bangs of her hair covered her left eye and face, but her gaze was piercing.
"I didn't ask for this..."
With those last words, he turned into the restroom and locked the door. As soon as he was out of sight, Ganadella ran to the mirror at the barber station and slowly moved the bang behind her ear. Her cheek was an irritated red. The small vesicles were visibly purple and cracked around her cheek. She winced at the burning pain as her fingered lightly brushed against it.
"...eh...what a brute..." She paused and watched the veins spread further down her neck.
“Ah...Cassius is alive in you, Shensé."
Shensé splashed himself several times with water in the sink. Enraged and anxious, he had difficulty cooling off...literally.
"What...what is this?"
Shensé's hands trembled as they illuminated a purple hue. His stomach went sour, face green as his pocket book. With a heavy slump, he released his breakfast, lunch and anxiety into the sink. Ganadella turned in the direction of the restroom and shook her head at the sound. A cough...a moan...or was that weeping? Ganadella stared further, massaging her cheek, now.
"...poor, lad. Maybe I am pushing him to hard..."
She sat in thought, fiddling with her hair. Her face was full of concentration, brow furrowed.
"...but Cassius must be released. He must..."
Shensé splashed himself several times with water in the sink. Enraged and anxious, he had difficulty cooling off...literally.
"What...what is this?"
Shensé's hands trembled as they illuminated a purple hue. His stomach went sour, face green as his pocket book. With a heavy slump, he released his breakfast, lunch and anxiety into the sink. Ganadella turned in the direction of the restroom and shook her head at the sound. A cough...a moan...or was that weeping? Ganadella stared further, massaging her cheek, now.
"...poor, lad. Maybe I am pushing him to hard..."
She sat in thought, fiddling with her hair. Her face was full of concentration, brow furrowed.
"...but Cassius must be released. He must..."
No comments:
Post a Comment